Monday, April 13, 2009

New Discovery

When I'm at the gym I need music to run with because I lack the motivation to go more than a mile if I don't have anything with a beat. I usually stick to listening to bands like Muse when I workout because well, they are awesome. Lately though, I've been letting my shuffle setting on the Ipod run wild and I usually end up listening to ridiculous songs like, "Good Vibrations" by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch. There is a point to this blog I promise. My recent kickass workout song discovery is, "We didn't start the fire" by a Mr. Billy Joel. I'm serious. You are learning history and burning cals at the same time. The next time you are working out, try it. I bet you will be so surprised at how much it amps you up. Plus, no one at the gym will mess with you because you are super intensely listening to this song and people will be weirded out. It's win-win.

4 comments:

  1. wow! who would have thought that the piano man could be so motivating :) forget making it one mile, i couldn't get past the part where i have to enter my weight (no cheating!) without some kickass motivational tunes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working out to Muse? Yes. Working out to Billy Joel? Negative.

    I'd rather work out to 'Welcome to the Space Olympics' by Mr. Andy Samberg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You doubt me, but I'm serious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And here I am like a sucker listening to books on tape...

    ReplyDelete