Thursday, April 30, 2009

I've been hustling a long time...

I know it's been awhile blog. Here is what's been going down.

I have a job now (look at those clouds open up and listen to those angels sing) and it literally happened overnight. It hasn't been easy making the adjustment from playing Super Mario Brothers 3 everyday to actually going into an office everyday and being a professional. I've been ready to start work ever since I graduated (almost a year to the day... Jesus), but you do get used to a sweatpants wearing, slump-like way of life when you don't get into a routine. Well, I guess that is your routine. Anyway, the point is that it's been great and weird at the same time.

I have a cubicle-esqe nook that I work in making cold calls to people who are very angry, deadlines, and my very own stapler. Yes, it is just like Office Space. I'm not even trying to be a sarcastic punk, I'm so happy to have a job, it's just...weird. The good news is it's Friday tomorrow and I officially survived my first week. Only a million more to go!*

*Unless I make my fortune via some scheme I am most likely cooking up right now.

2 comments: