Sunday, April 5, 2009

Don't worry about that hole in the backyard, it's only the gate to hell.

The other night I was flipping through some movie channels when I came across a movie that used to really scare me when I was younger. I'm talking about The Gate. The plot is pretty simple: A young Stephen Dorff plays a kid who discovers that a hole in his backyard is actually a gateway for demons to come on out and frolick (cause you know demons be frolicking)in our world. After his friend Terry (who is the token nerd), plays a metal album backwards and they conveniently have to bury the family pet(which acts as a sacrifice)in a hole in the backyard, they awaken demonic spirits which destroy the home and try to kill them! Simple. Seriously though, I'm not doing it justice. The idea of it is actually really scary and although the graphics are kind of cheesy, I think the movie still holds up. I still jumped a couple of times while re-watching it.




Those monsters were total jerks. I believe the whole movie is uploaded on YouTube. It's definitely worth a watch.


2 comments:

  1. YO! I was cracking up at 'Terry, the token nerd.'

    That's the kind of movie where I'll have mad stuff to do one day and be sitting there and say 'oh shit, The Gate's on,' and not get anything done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW i have to watch this!!

    ReplyDelete