Thursday, March 12, 2009

First Entry

I don't know about you, but I am really tired of hearing the phrase "recession- proof." That baby is everywhere. I love how the media picks up on something such as "recession-proof" and bam all of sudden you have to "recession-proof" your house. Or if you go shopping you are no longer called a "fashionista" (That word is ridiculous too),no, now you are known to the world as a "recessionista." Ew.

I just don't understand why everyone in my life who is smart with their money and works hard, has to push through this economic mess and pay for other people's greed. I know life isn't fair, but whatever you can't trick me with your catchphrases. I know recession-proof really means, "Hey American public, buckle down so you can help the idiots who caused this mess." I shouldn't even comment on the current economy because even though I follow the news everyday, I still don't know how the hell this happened. I know I may sound bitter and no one wants to hear my white girl pain, but I also just graduated into the worst hell hole inferno economy in years. So yeah, I'm a little bitter.

So, you may be asking yourself why I named my blog after this brilliant phrase since I just complained about how much I hate it. The answer is simple: I like to think of myself as clever and "hip with the times." The economy might suck right now, but America can't take this blog away from me dammit. Unless a depression actually does occur, because who the hell is going to be able to afford a computer then? On that note: I am still jobless, living at home with my parents, and using their computer for free.

Loser? No. "Recession-Proof."

1 comment: